Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy 6 month birthday my sweet baby

6 months ago our little boy was born, our lives forever changed. I am so in awe of him, just as I was the day he was born. I cannot even explain the constant joy he brings us. I cannot get over how blessed we are to have such a happy, loving, funny (he already has his Daddy's sense of humor) son.


His birth was not what I had hoped for. I had a hard time accepting the reality of my c-section and the fact I did not get to hold my son until he was 5 hours old. I don't like to admit this, but I had a hard time bonding with him. I loved him, but didn't feel that overwhelming feeling of protection that I now have for him.


I finally have a glimpse of how much God loves me, and I don't think you can really understand until you have a child and feel that incredible unconditional love.

He's grown so much these past 6 months, I was just going through his clothes to pack them away and I cannot believe he wore some of them!
He has brought so much joy into our family, he is always the center of attention, and I think he likes it that way!




We are so excited he is going to be a cousin this December, his Aunt Katie and Uncle Jeremy are due to have their little one December 30th! We will have a lot of birthdays, because mine is Nov. 21st, Katies is in the beginning of Dec, then Judah, and then the newest addition :)

At his dedication, they had a few people from our church to ask for words from God for Judah. Everything they said was everything I have heard from God for him, so it confirmed God's word to me. He will be a great man of Justice, and worship. He has an amazing sense of humor and is so funny, and he brings great joy to anyone who comes into contact with him. There isn't a day we go out and someone does not comment on how good of a baby he is, and how happy he is. He will "flirt" with anyone, and has an amazing joy in his eyes. I am so thankful I was chosen by God to be his Mom, and I know Lance feels the same way as his Dad.

On the developmental side of things, Judah is getting BIG! He loves apples, bananas and squash, and does not like green beans. He still prefers Mommy's milk over anything else though. He is rolling all over the place and is showing signs of crawling. He can sit unassisted for quite a bit but will fall over eventually. He is learning the signs for "all done", "eat", and "more". We are trying to teach him to say "Dada" and "Mama". He really pays attention when I am teaching him. He LOVES to read. His new Bath chair is a favorite because he can splash in the water. He is recognizing familar people and will sometimes cry around new people. He loves to go places and smiles at anyone who looks at him. He LOVES animals and gets so excited when they come near him. Our cat Max will let him grab his fur and play (smack) with him, and Judah cannot get enough! We want to take him to the zoo soon because I think he will be fascinated. He amazes me every day and I can't wait to see what he does in the next 6 months!
Here are some of his 6 month photos our good friend Kelly took, he is just so beautiful!





































































No comments:

Post a Comment