Thursday, July 2, 2009

17 weeks and a ER visit

In general, everything has been going really good. Minus the nasty cold and bladder infection, lol. This baby is growing, and so is my belly. I have been feeling little movements, and I cant wait for them to get stronger and more consistent. Also its cool to know our little one can hear us now. Our ultrasound is 1 week, 1 day away :)

As for the ER visit, I woke up yesterday morning in extreme pain. I had to have Lance help me off of the bed, and was having trouble walking. It was on my left side, so my first thought was round ligament pain. I talked to a couple different nurses, and they both said to go to the ER to be evaluated, because round ligament pain normally doesnt last that long or is that severe. So after we got there, we talked to a Dr. and he wanted to do blood work, pelvic exam, urine analysis, and a ultrasound. I honestly thought the ultrasound would be mostly to check the baby and make sure my ovary was okay. Little did I know it was a full blown ultrasound, measuring the baby and all. It was so neat to see our little person moving around, putting their hand in their mouth, just being cute :) He/she was measuring about 17 weeks 5-6 days on everything. We even got to see its little stomach and bladder, so neat! However thanks to me almost passing out towards the end, we didnt get any good pictures or get to check the sex. I guess God really wants us to wait for next Friday. During the ultrasound I started to feel extremely hot, and sweating like crazy. Lance thought I was exagerating, but I finally told the ultrasound tech to stop because I think I am going to pass out. All of the sudden I could barely hear and my vision got blurry. A paramedic and nurse came in and took my blood pressure which was 84 over 44 which is pretty low. Once I started to feel better, and they took it again and it was 112 over 60 something. I think because of laying on my back and maybe the baby was on a main blood vessel which was cutting the blood supply off and making me woozy. Then we went up to the Maternity floor where my midwife was on call (yay) and she talked to us for a bit, and said the ultrasound looked great, my ovaries looked great, and there is no sign of apendicitis or anything like that. She pretty much said it was probably severe round ligament pain and from coughing alot it made it worse.

So all in all, I am on "medical leave" until Monday, and am feeling a lot better today. To be honest I never felt fear during this whole process, and I know its because God has given me peace about this child, and that we will hold this little one in Dec. We get another ultrasound next Friday, and I will try not to pass out so we can know who this little one is. We are so in love with this baby already, and cannot wait to meet him/her!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Its so impressive that you did not have any fear through out your ordeal!! That really makes me so happy Tina!! I am excited to meet your little one as well. I especially cant wait to find out what it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, im sorry to hear about the Er visit. But im glad everything is going good. You should post a new pic every week :) So we can see the growing belly!!

    ReplyDelete