Saturday, January 16, 2010

1 month old

1 month ago today I was in active labor, in the most pain I have ever been in. But as I look at my sweet baby, I can't even remember the pain. God made us so amazing, that all we remember is the wonderful aspects of labor and delivery.

Judah has changed our life. He amazes me every day. I know every parent says this, but we have been incredibly blessed with a good baby. God gave me a word that he would be strong willed and he is. I have never seen a 1 month old who fights sleep the way he does. He is so alert and smiling more and more each day. He has been "talking" to us too. He loves his "mommy's milk" and also loves his binky. He went from 9lbs 40z at birth, to 11lbs. 8 oz at 3 weeks 5 days.

As much as I miss sleeping more then 2-4 hours at a time, I love getting up with him. Most of the time I feed him laying down and we go right back to sleep. He sleeps with us and in his crib, but seems to need to be swaddled to sleep a long time in his crib. He loves to be close to us, and I love waking up to his sweet face. We have been using cloth diapers and they are great! They make him look like he has a big butt though!

I am trying to enjoy every minute because I know he is growing fast and I love this cuddly stage, and want to take advantage of it. I truly have never felt the amount of love I feel for Judah, and how I want to protect him from everything I can. Its such a strong feeling and brings me to tears.

I miss being pregnant, and can't wait to experience this again, but I want Judah to have the time as our little baby, and get all the love and attention he needs and deserves. Hes such a blessing and we know God has great things in store for our little Judah bug!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, im glad you wrote...i understand your busy now, but i love reading about your new lives. Wow...a month!!! Its just crazy. Hes so cute and Im so glad how happy you are. I know your just a great mommy. Are you going to be moving soon? Then we must see the new place and new nursery :) lol, i can only picture things in my head on this end, i gots to see pictures :) or since Lance likes his video camera, he can go around the house, LOL, j/k Keep posting the pics of Judah getting bigger. I also hope i dont remember the pain of labor, lol. I love you girl!!

    ReplyDelete