Wednesday, April 8, 2009

5 weeks...Plus I have some great news!

So I was chatting with this women I met online, who I origionally started talking to because she is a chiropractor and I was interested in all of that. Well turns out God had this all worked out, as he always does! She ended up loosing 2 babies after the birth of her daughter. She had blood work done like me and we both found out we had double mutations of MTHFR. Essentially we are taking LOTS of folic acid, and a lose dose aspirin (during pregnancy) to keep the blood flow going good. Well thats not all she was brought into my life for.



When we moved here from Grand Rapids, I had my first prenatal appt with Trish Scane (a midwife at the office I am going to now) That was the day we found out our baby had passed. I loved Trish and after meeting her only once, knew I wanted her to be my midwife for future pregnancies. About 3 months ago, I went to schedule my yearly womens exam, and found out she was leaving the practice! I was so upset, but I figured at least I knew a OBGYN there, even though I perfered a midwife, because I want a completely natural birth. Well fast foward, the women I met was telling me about a brand new hospital she is going to give birth at (shes 17weeks preggo) in West Bloomfield. I asked her about it, who her midwifes name is, ect. She told me it was Trish Scane! (my old midwife) I emailed my midwife, and she can get me in next week for my first prenatal!

Whats even weirder, is this women was going to the same practice as me for a while, until she found Trish. If you havent heard of this new hospital, its amazing! All of the birthing rooms have hydrotherapy tubs, you can have medical intervention (IV's, epidurals) or None at all (YAY!) Plus they serve organic food, no more yucky hospital food, and everything is brand new! Not to mention Henry Ford has always been known as a great hospital. Well enough of me ranting, I am just excited and had to share how God is truly working in our life :)

2 comments:

  1. How awesome Tina! Your stories lately have been so good to me. Who knew your blog would become a baby blog essentially? Haha I think thats so amazing! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, It's Natalie (Borsh). I just read through all of your entries here and wanted to tell you how strong you are. I know we haven't talked since high school and I had no idea that this was all going on in your life, but if you ever need some support, know that you can find it in me. I wish you and Lance all the best!

    ReplyDelete