Thursday, April 30, 2009

8 weeks


We had our ultrasound today, and as we went into the room, it brought back a flood of emotions from last time. It took all I had not to cry and I could tell Lance was feeling it too. But as soon as we saw that little baby, and I heard the words "theres the heartbeat" I cant tell you the relief I felt!


The heartbeat was 165 bpm, which is great for this age, and the baby measured 8 weeks, 5 days, which is a little ahead of what I thought. To see that little flicker was just the most amazing thing ever. Even though we lost our baby at 12 weeks, I had never seen the heartbeat on an ultrasound. However we had the joy of hearing Josiah's heartbeat many time because I rented a doppler for at home.


Anyway, I am just happy that we have a healthy little baby in there, and we pray that he/she continues to grow and thrive!

1 comment:

  1. I am really and truly happy for you and Lance. I hope me and Mark soon can see this on the ultrasound and be as happy as you both were today. love you

    ReplyDelete